Let's scramble them up! Our eggs of course
Scrambled eggs are a versatile and delicious dish that can be enjoyed for breakfast, brunch, or even a quick dinner. I love it for breakfast not just for me, but for my son, and for the food that ends up on the floor... for my dog too! In my house my husband adds saffron to the eggs. It gets pretty wild.
So, to extend our recipes to you, here are five different ways to scramble eggs, each with its own unique twist:
- Classic Scrambled Eggs:
- Crack desired number of eggs into a bowl and whisk until the yolks and whites are well combined.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat and melt a knob of butter or heat a drizzle of oil.
- Pour the beaten eggs into the skillet and let them cook undisturbed for a few seconds until the edges start to set.
- Using a spatula, gently fold and stir the eggs, breaking them into smaller curds. Continue cooking until they reach your desired level of doneness.
- Season with salt, pepper, and any other desired herbs or spices. Serve hot and enjoy the simplicity of classic scrambled eggs.
- Creamy Scrambled Eggs:
- Follow the steps for classic scrambled eggs, but add a splash of milk, cream, or sour cream to the beaten eggs before cooking.
- The added dairy will make the scrambled eggs extra creamy and velvety. Adjust the amount according to your preference.
- Cook the eggs following the same technique as the classic method, folding and stirring until they reach the desired consistency. Season with salt, pepper, and herbs as desired.
- Cheesy Scrambled Eggs:
- Prepare the eggs using either the classic or creamy method.
- Once the eggs start to set, sprinkle grated cheese (such as cheddar, Swiss, or feta) over the top.
- Gently fold and stir the eggs, allowing the cheese to melt and blend into the mixture.
- Continue cooking until the eggs are fully cooked and the cheese is melted and gooey. Season with salt, pepper, and herbs if desired.
- Veggie-loaded Scrambled Eggs:
- Sauté a variety of vegetables like onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, spinach, or tomatoes in a skillet with oil or butter until they soften.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and season with salt, pepper, and herbs.
- Pour the beaten eggs over the cooked vegetables and scramble them together, folding and stirring until fully cooked.
- The added vegetables will provide extra flavor, texture, and nutritional value to your scrambled eggs. Serve hot and enjoy the veggie goodness.
- Mexican-style Scrambled Eggs:
- Sauté diced onions, bell peppers, and jalapeños in a skillet with oil until they soften and become slightly caramelized.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and season with salt, pepper, and spices like chili powder or cumin for a Mexican twist.
- Pour the beaten eggs into the skillet with the sautéed vegetables and scramble them together until fully cooked.
- Serve the Mexican-style scrambled eggs with toppings like shredded cheese, salsa, avocado slices, and a sprinkle of fresh cilantro for a flavorful and satisfying meal.
Experiment with these different ways to scramble eggs to find your favorite variation. Whether you prefer classic, creamy, cheesy, veggie-loaded, or Mexican-style, scrambled eggs are a versatile dish that can be customized to your taste and enjoyed any time of day.