Having discovered skincare in my early twenties was a godsend for my acid mantle. Learning that the St. Ives Apricot Scrub and the clay masks with fragrant plant oils were actually destroying my skin was a revelation that has propelled me to avoid all treatments, creams, and serums with any type of fragrance, roses included. However, thanks to the immense amount of scientific research on this flower, we can safely use rose petal extract for many ailments. Studies show that when applied topically, the extract can help repair DNA damage caused by the sun , and that their antioxidant properties can help brighten the skin and help lessen the appearance of wrinkles . Read on to find out a few of our favorite rose-containing products you can use to obtain these benefits for yourself.
- Heritage Store Rose Water: refreshing and rejuvenating, this spray is fantastic to add as a toner to your routine.
- Biossance Squalane Rose Vegan Lip Balm: Lightly scented, this floral lip balm is great for parched lips, repairing and moisturizing at the same time.
- Fresh’s Deep Hydration Face Cream: This cream claims to hydrate for three days straight, which is always a winning product in our book.
1. Skin anti‐inflammatory activity of rose petal extract (Rosa gallica) through reduction of MAPK signaling pathway; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6261181/
2. Rose Petal Extract ( Rosa gallica) Exerts Skin Whitening and Anti-Skin Wrinkle Effects
Try out some rose products and drop us a DM with your favorites!